Freeze Dried Wild Blueberries
100% natural, vegan and raw, gluten free, no added sugar or sulphur, no preservatives, GMO free
Wild blueberries are called a superfood – they are not only delicious, but also healthy. These berries are a real treasure of many precious nutrients and are very often natural remedies for many ailments. It is highly recommended to consume these amazing fruits on a regular basis as they are highly rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
Why should we eat wild blueberries?
Freeze dried wild blueberry is a perfect fruit!
Wild blueberries used to be a miracle cure for many diseases. In a time when antibiotics were unknown, blueberries were used to treat infections, typhus, staphylococcus and even polio. They are still recommended by doctors for treatment against some types of worms in children.
Eating these incredible fruits can reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes, strengthen our memory and improve our mood and wellbeing. Moreover, wild blueberries inhibit diarrhoea, help in the treatment of food poisoning, support eyesight, make the vessels more flexible and have a strong anti-cancer effect.
Wild blueberries - health properties
These powerful fruits are:
- called ‘superfood’ being low in calories but rich in nutrients (high nutrient density, nutrient-dense food);
- source of vitamins: C, A, B1, B2, B3 (PP), B9, E, K;
- source of minerals: magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, selenium, manganese;
- very helpful with digestive problems – tannins inhibit diarrhoea and support the treatment of digestive system ailments (including food poisoning);
- a rich source of antioxidants, supporting your body in keeping free radicals at a safe level (oxidative stress protection);
- called ‘plant insulin’ – contain gluconins and anthocyanins that lower blood sugar level and counteract diabetes;
- a rich source of fibre, supporting the removal of toxins and excess cholesterol;
- natural sunscreen protection, absorbing harmful UV radiation due to anthocyanins content.
Freeze-dried wild blueberries nutritional values
Moreover, wild blueberries:
- have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, working as a natural antibiotic;
- provide anti-cancer protection due to a high content of antioxidants, phytoestrogens, folic acid and ellagic acid (folic acid helps to protect the body against uterine cancer, and during pregnancy, it supports proper development of the foetus in the womb; ellagic acid prevents the development of cancer of the lungs, oesophagus and larynx);
- soothe and relieve pain;
- support eyes (protection from diseases and improvement vision after dark);
- soothe coughs and support the treatment of respiratory infections;
- make blood vessels more flexible;
- protect against hormone-dependent tumours as they are a source of phytoestrogens;
- improve immunity;
- protect against civilization diseases (e.g. atherosclerosis, hypertension, cancer);
- support antiparasitic treatments of the digestive system;
- counteract anaemia increasing production of red blood cells;
- help prevent heart disease;
- lower blood pressure;
- help with urinary tract infections, working similarly to cranberries;
- improve memory and strengthen the cognitive functions of the brain;
- accelerate regeneration after intense exercise.
Wild blueberries and antioxidants
Their phenomenon is mainly based on the high content of substances with a strong antioxidant effect. Antioxidants protect our body against oxidative stress, i.e. the state of excessive activity of free radicals. Free radicals are unpaired oxygen atoms that steal oxygen from healthy cells and thus lead to pathogenic changes. They significantly increase the risk of cancer or coronary artery disease, accelerate skin aging and cause eye dysfunction, ending with, among others, macular degeneration and cataracts.
Healthy nutrition is focused on reducing the multiplication of free radicals. The richest sources of antioxidants are fruits and vegetables, including berries such as wild blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and cranberries. The main antioxidants contained in wild blueberries include carotenoids and anthocyanins.
Wild blueberries and digestive system
Blueberries can be a quick remedy for diarrhoea. A dried blueberry infusion is much better to take in case of diarrhoea, as the raw form does not show such strong constipating properties. Moreover, naturally occurring tannins make wild blueberries very helpful in all ailments of the digestive system. These substances regulate intestinal peristalsis, dehydrate faeces, seal the gastric mucosa, have antibacterial properties, disinfect, slow down the fermentation process in the intestines, help eliminate parasites and improve appetite.
Wild blueberries and eyes
A combination of antioxidants (carotenoids and anthocyanins), vitamin C and tannins are a unique blend to strengthen protection against almost any kind of eye dysfunction (i.e. eye retinal diseases, macular degeneration, cataracts). These compounds also help seal capillaries in the eye and improve eyesight after dark.
Enjoy this precious fruit all year round!
The harvesting season for wild blueberries is relatively short – from mid-June to mid-August, so it is worth getting freeze-dried wild blueberries, that naturally preserve up to 95% of the properties and nutritional value of fresh fruit.
We pick only the finest, wholesome wild blueberries and freeze-dry them, in order to preserve their original flavour and nutritional content.
How to use freeze-dried wild blueberries?
You can use freeze-dried wild blueberries in so many ways, ranging from appetizing morsels on the go to a delicious topping for your breakfast cereal or yoghurt. They are perfect for baking cakes, sweet rolls and making chocolate, desserts, ice creams – equally as an amazing taste and decoration! Blueberry jam is an amazing companion to a warm toast for breakfast, jellies are loved for dessert and baked goods, such as muffins, pies or cupcakes. The truth is… if you add freeze dried wild blueberries when baking, whatever you bake, it tastes amazing!
Wild blueberries are also an excellent filling for dumplings and pancakes. Moreover, soups, smoothies, juices, and compotes made of freeze-dried wild blueberries are incredibly tasty. If you like meat, you can prepare a chutney from the berries. Freeze-dried wild blueberry is also great as a snack for packed lunch (school, work, camping, trips, picnics), birthday parties, cinema nights – the fruits are a healthy alternative to popcorn, crisps, etc.
Freeze-dried wild blueberries in the kitchen: cakes, muffins, pies, cupcakes, sweet rolls, chocolate, desserts, jellies, ice cream, dumplings, pancakes, soups, smoothies, compotes, chutney.
Freeze-dried fruits – great snack at home & on the go: packed lunch for school & work, camping, trips & picnics, birthday parties & cinema nights, healthy alternative to popcorn & crisps.